This long article covers topics ranging from applied mathematics, statistics, probability, and algorithms, to computer sciences. Original, fun problems are discussed. Even thought you won't find them in textbooks or traditional data science courses, these problems do not require more than high school mathematics to explore solutions.
Simulations, percentiles and Bates distribution
- What you have learned here
Computational complexity conjecture
- Two special functions
- Two even more special functions
- Algorithms, big data, and model fitting in number theory
- Half derivatives
- Another square root operator, and the fixed point algorithm
Click here to read the tutorial and do the challenges.
Other articles of interest
If you missed our Thanksgiving article, you can check it out here. Other recommended, recent articles:
- The Experience of Being a High-Performing Data Scientist
- Data Isn't Everything
- The Data Science Delusion
- How to Set Up Data Science?
- Recognize Anything: How Big Data Enables Photo Recognition
- 30 Fun Ideas for Starting New AI Businesses with Watson
- What is Deep Learning?
- A Cheat Sheet on Probability
- US GDP Shiny App
- Four Great Pictures Illustrating Machine Learning Concepts
- Can weather data add a pinch of salt to your prediction models?