Location: Atlanta, GA
Position: Principal Data Scientist, Job ID: 00327473
Email to Jackie.Julian@Honeywell.com.
Do you passionately pursue the stories hidden in a large repository of data? Do you relish working with customers to identify their high value business questions and working through their data to search for answers? Do you enjoy telling a meaningful story with data? If your answer is yes, Honeywell has an intriguing opportunity for you as data scientist.
You will be responsible for working within Honeywell to identify opportunities for new growth and efficiency based on data analysis. The data scientist role will work closely with application architects to integrate results into operational platforms, including Hadoop and NoSQL architectures.
You will be a member of a team that delivers contemporary analytics solutions for all Honeywell business groups and functions. You will be expected to actively participate in defining and governing our analytics strategy for Honeywell, as well as begin a strong leader in executing data science driven projects as we build out capabilities and our architecture. You will report to the Data Science Leader in Honeywell’s Business Intelligence and Analytics organization.
Honeywell International is building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow.
Develop relationships with business team members by being proactive, displaying a thorough understanding of the business processes and by recommending innovative solutions
Provide data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, data visualization and machine learning solutions to address customer needs
Communicate project output in terms of customer value, business objectives, and product opportunity
Attend industry conferences to stay current on industry trends, challenges, and potential market opportunities
Promote data science methods and processes across functions
Work with our businesses and infrastructure teams to develop a strategy that will clearly outline how our enterprise platforms can enable business growth & productivity by seamlessly combining structured and unstructured data into a single, self-service analytical environment
You must have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of modeling/development experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience with modeling software (R, Python, SPSS, SAS)
- Experience bringing prototypes to production on Hadoop and/or NoSQL platforms Experience with visualization software (Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, d3.js)
- Experience working with remote and global teams
- Results driven with a positive can do attitude
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
- Highly team oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively with development/implementation staff through the design and build of new business processes and systems
- In depth understanding of best-in-class model and data configuration and development processes
- Understanding of data science trends and future state technologies
- Ability to travel – up to 10%. Higher percentage (up to 25%) preferred but not required.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: careersathoneywell.com .
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.