By Gregory Piatetsky, KDnuggets.Recent CareerCast report ranked Data Scientist as the top job in USA, with very good work environment, low stress, high projected growth, and median salary of $114,520.
The top jobs in the report were
- Data Scientist, Median Salary: $114,520
- Statistician, Median Salary: $84,760
- University Professor, Median Salary: $76,000
- Occupational Therapist, Median Salary: $83,200
- Genetic Counselor, Median Salary: $77,480
This comes as no surprise to KDnuggets readers, since Data Scientist was ranked as best job in America, 3 years in a row by Glassdoor, and was among the top emerging jobs in the US according to LinkedIn back in 2017.
However, the total number of Data Scientist positions is still limited. As of May 8,
- CareerCast shows 4,024 job listings for "Data Scientist",
- Indeed.com has 5,366 jobs for "Data Scientist", and
- GlassDoor shows 4,405 jobs for "Data Scientist".
Note - you get many more jobs when omitting quotes from the search, but then you get listings for different scientists.
While Data Science automation looms on the horizons, the next few years will be the golden age for Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers.
- Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist – top US emerging jobs
- How many data scientists are there and is there a shortage?
- Data Scientist – best job in America, 3 years in a row