We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the band and help drive a data-first culture across the advertising business in Spotify.
As Data Scientist, our mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of how our people use our apps to impact the product, strategy and direction of Spotify. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
We are developing a world-class advertising platform to support the free tier of Spotify and our job is to make sure we help monetize it the best possible way. Scientist in this area will be helping to answer questions such as:
- How do we accurately understand the performance of our ad products and it's impact on monetization?
- How can we help build the right narratives about the Spotify free Audience?
- How do we optimize to get the best value of every ad impression?
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive product decisions
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product marketers, pricing & inventory team, sales and B2B who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics
- Work from our offices in London
Who you are:
- You have at least 4+years of experience in a similar data science role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
- Ideally you have experience working in an analytics role within an advertising function
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics:
- Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (SQL, R, Python, Pandas)
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Qlik, D3, ggplot)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building statistical models a plus
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.