Data Analyst - Research, Insights & Segmentation
As Data Analyst, our mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of how our people use our apps to impact the product, strategy and direction of Spotify. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You'll Do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive product and marketing decisions
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, researchers, marketers, and product owners who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Conduct segmentation analysis using a variety of methods to better understand our user-base and the broader marketplace outside of Spotify
- Join datasets from both within and outside of Spotify to enrich our first party data and understanding of our users
- Use data to understand the end-to-end consumer journey with Spotify, from being unaware of our brand to long term loyalty
- Work closely with qualitative researchers to bring segments to life in a human way beyond simply data and statistics
- Work with Marketing Analytics to create lookalike models for key segments that will drive marketing communications targeting to deliver iterative improvement through efficient experimentation
Who You Are
- You have at least 4+ years of experience in a similar data scientist role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
- Ideally you have experience working in an analytics or insights role and have conducted segmentation research
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics:
- Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (SQL, R, Python, Pandas)
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Qlik, D3, ggplot)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.